Certification in Lieu of Load Test
- Schedule a pre-certification inspection.
- Submit 25 point inspection report by Inspector, Design Professional or Other acceptable to the AHJ* and confirm the AHJ’s requirements.
- Certify to the AHJ that the fire escape is ready for its intended use with a Liability Disclaimer to Inspector , Design Professional or Other accepted by the AHJ.
*AHJ – Authority Having Jurisdiction
- Schedule a pre Load Test evaluation.
- Submit 25 point inspection report by Inspector, Design Professional or Other acceptable to the AHJ then confirm the AHJ’s Load Testing requirements and if the AHJ will witness the Load Test.
- Submit certification to the AHJ. No Liability Disclaimer required.
A photo report as well as an inspection video is included with the 25 point pre-certification report submitted to the owner and AHJ.
Certification of a fire escape must be submitted to the AHJ by a Registered Design Professional or a Licensed/Certified Fire Escape Inspector.